2019 Literary Meet
The 2019 A Private Literary Meet was held on our campus this week, and we were honored to host three other schools (St. Anne-Pacelli Catholic School, Trinity Christian School, and Wesleyan School) for the event. Under the tutelage of coach Anna Flournoy, the Brookstone team represented our school well with several moving on to the next level! Overall 2019 A Private Literary Meet winner: Co-Champions Wesleyan School and Brookstone. The following Brookstone students will be competing at State:
- Sean Myers (Oral Presentation – Humorous, 1st place)
- Ayo Oloyede (Oral Presentation – Dramatic, 1st place)
- Ben Dickens & Jillian Molnar (Oral Presentation – Duo, runner-up)
- Ryan Drew (Extemporaneous Speaking – Domestic, runner-up)
- Lindsey Chen (Extemporaneous Speaking – International, runner-up)
- Ben Dickens (Boys Solo, runner-up)
- Jillian Molnar (Girls Solo, runner-up)
- Ella Crowley, Catherine Jeffries, Mia Vongsavang (Trio, runner-up)
- Micah Bush, Ben Dickens, Harry Graham, Evan Smallwood (Quartet, runner-up)
In addition to these accolades, Junior Joseph Wang was selected recently as 2nd Chair of 1st violinist section in the All-State 11th & 12th Grade Full Orchestra in 2019 GMEA All-State & Band Orchestra held in Athens, Georgia. Two days of intense (but fun!) rehearsals were followed by a concert at the Classic Center Theater. This is Joseph’s – who is also the concertmaster of the Youth Orchestra of Greater Columbus – second time participating in All-State.
Congratulations to all of these talented students!
UPDATE: Congratulations to the following for their placement at State!
- BJ Tillman,(Essay – Argumentative, State Runner-Up)
- Ayo Oloyede (Oral Presentation – Dramatic, 4th place)
- Micah Bush, Ben Dickens, Harry Graham, Evan Smallwood (Quartet, 4th place)
- Ben Dickens & Jillian Molnar (Oral Presentation-Duo, 5th place)
- Sean Myers (Oral Presentation – Humorous, 5th place)
- Ben Dickens (Boys Solo, 5th place)
- Jillian Molnar (Girls Solo,5th place)
- Ella Crowley, Catherine Jeffries, Mia Vongsavang (Trio, 7th place)